Kate Visser is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to breastfeeding. As a midwife, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and of course, a mum to two little girls, Kate has an abundance of practical experience and current research based knowledge. Kate has recently released a fabulous online resource ‘The Ultimate Breastfeeding Guide’ which is exactly the type of preparation pregnant women should be getting stuck into.
In today’s podcast episode Kate and I continue our conversation into the common questions or issues that arise around breastfeeding, following on from Part 1 last week. Today’s topics in particular include:
- Is it okay to breastfeed your baby to sleep?
- Does giving a bottle overnight mean the baby will sleep longer?
- What are current recommendations when it comes to breastfeeding and alcohol?
- What is important to know when it comes to co-sleeping/bedsharing?
- How long should babies breastfeed for?
- Is there any nutritional value in breastmilk after age 1?
- How can I continue to breastfeed once returning to work?
- Does falling pregnant again affect your breastmilk?
- How does tandem breastfeeding work?
- What preparation should women be doing if planning to breastfeed?
I can’t think of a mother that hasn’t thought about at least one of these issues so jump onto your podcast app and listen in!
To follow up with Kate find her at:
Website - https://www.milkybusiness.com/
Photo by @juliapuigsoto